The Good, the Bad, the Ugly: All from Allah

Could getting your dream job be bad for you? Is there a way that losing a loved one could be a blessing in disguise? Each and every event in our life is a test from Allah. This session will explore a world view based on God consciousness, and what we can do to make everything in our life an opportunity to draw nearer to our Lord.

1. Awesomeness Alhamdulillah! Love the video!

2. Omar says:

Assalamu Alaikum – Sister Maryam may Allah swt reward you for your intentions and good work, and I do definitely see the good points you’re trying to get across here. However I believe that the last portion of the title “ugly” doesn’t portray adab with Allah swt. Allah is beautiful and no ugliness comes from Him. The Almighty calls what you refer to as “ugly” as tribulations or “museeba” in the Qur’an, he doesn’t call it ugly despite the fact that it’s quite difficult. May Allah swt help us all overcome our own tribulations and make us steadfast.

• Maryam says:

wa alaykum as salam warahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Completely, completely agree. I didn’t come up with the title. I was assigned the lecture.

Ameen

• Haq says:

Salaams,

Knowing Sr. Maryam, I think it’s easy to assume that she obviously didn’t intend to ascribe ugliness to Allah, just that the term ugly can easily be understood to mean things in their apparent form (dhahir) when they first occur to us, I.e. difficulties can seem ugly, whereas the consequences and inner realities make them as you say, beautiful.

Peace.

Haq.

3. Dyhia says:

Such a pleasure to see a young woman make a motivational speech with such confidence.
    I really liked the way she spoke making eye contact with the audience including men.
    We need to provide more outlets for young women to participate in society.
    Wonderful!
    May Allah bless you.
    Thank you.

4. Yasir says:

Jazaak Allah Khair. That was really inspiring.

5. Jinan says:

I love you mariam!!

6. frz says:

Alhamdulillah! May Allah bless and increase the dear sister. I totally LOVED this talk and LOVED the way in which it was delivered. We surely need more motivated, confident, leading, teaching voices like Sr. Maryams!
    And Sr. Maryam, if you read this, I TOTALLY love Kung Fu Panda too. You’re absolutely right, that movie is all about humanity and doing the right thing with humility and sincerity

7. Someone says:

I am really glad there’s an understanding God out there who will one day love us for our goodness and sincerity. We have to try to be nice and help the world out there as much as we can and do it for the right reasons. The world may not give a care in the least, but we shouldn’t care about the world either. Allah is there with us inshaAllah.

8. Anonymous says:

Thank you for your words, u seem like u have experience from the way u give advice. That is important. Most people havnt had real experience with stuff and just talk, even scholars. Thank u for ur words. very deep.

9. anonymous says:

Fantastic talk, mA! I hope you don’t mind, but I shared your talk (direct link to the youtube page) on a few fb pages…

10. Anonymous says:

Great lecture, Jazak Allahukhairan!

11. Dior says:

Asalamualeikum Love your energy sister

12. strivinggratitude says:

This is the third talk I’ve watched of yours. I love your energy! If you ever come to Chicago please do a talk with one of the local universities.

13. mohammad soheb says:

assalamoalaikum sister, it was agreat inspiring speech, im a young student from india and i am very impressed by the way islam meetings and lectures are takin place.. iwud lyk to invite you in india so as to start it hre as well, coz we hav a english speakin population here but nobody to start the speeches and meetings… wud lyk to consult you regardin dis ,awaitin ur reply….thank you:)

14. maz says:

assalamualaikum. I’m from Malaysia. its just great to see you delivering such an energetic lecture! will certainly remember SAD: Sincerity. Action. Dua’

15. Sally says:

Alhamdulillah,It’s comforting to listen to a serious topic put in a light-hearted manner. I felt very inspired and motivated after watching your speech subhan’Allaah. May Allaah reward you for your efforts. And Jazaak Allaahukhairan for this video!

16. Aziza says:

Thank you so much, I really needed this!!!
    Let’s all ride to Allah on our SADL!! Hahaha!

17. Meliha says:

This was incredible! God bless you for this wonderful speech.