Akhirah Deficit Disorder

On October 4th, 2011, Imam Suhaib Webb gave a lecture titled “Akhirah (Hereafter) Deficit Disorder” in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.

1. Dina says:

Salam,
    Has this lecture been transcribed by any chance? I don’t mind transcribing it since I believe that being a long video, people will be more inclined to read it than watch it :)

• Mohamed Adil Mohamed says:

Really? I would say vice versa. Long reads sometimes bore me. This’ll make a book. I’ll be seeing you here in LA on the 24th of NOV INSHALLAH!! You’re one of my biggest inspirations Suhaib, keep up the informative lectures and may Allah grant you alfirdous al 3allah for all this amen

• Dina says:

It’s easier to go back to an unfinished article than it is to an unfinished video, I feel. I guess it’s a personal preference :)

• Shafiq says:

Wslam
      If u want and can transcribe it… i mean if ur free… Alhamdulillah.. :)….Go on…

• A.S. says:

Assalaamu alaykum,

I believe Google (and a few other companies) have decently effective audio transcribing tools that could make your task easier.

Wa alaykum el salaam

2. rayasaskia says:

Very Inspiring sermon, Masha’ Allah, may Allah gives you biggest reward Imam Suhaib :)

3. Muezzah says:

MasyaAllah. Very inspiring. I love you for the sake Allah SWT. May you continue to inspire us.

4. Saad says:

Kindly always provide an mp3 file of this and similar posts. (For those with with slow connectivity). Jazakallah

5. Sidra says:

This is such an inspiring lecture mashaAllah. I can’t wait to listen to him in Boston inshaAllah! :)

6. Kirana says:

I hope someone could produce a tafsir that actually does that – indicate “insert here” wherever this is implied. This would help us learn indirectly the language, while freeing the text to effect its original effect. the translator can put as a footnote his/her view of the best-supported interpretation (probably result in long footnotes, but i would have this tafsir as one in my library regardless).

i used to be sceptical of efforts for “contemporary language” translations of religious text, like the one someone did for the bible in the US some time back. but if the original language form was itself colloquial in its time, then it stands to reason that its most appropriate translation form is the form used by the people rather than the elite form (if the target language has this differentiation).