“Have you not considered how Allah presents an example, [making] a good word like a good tree, whose root is firmly fixed and its branches in the sky? It produces its fruit all the time, by permission of its Lord. And Allah presents examples for the people that perhaps they will be reminded.” (Qur’an, 14:24-25)
SuhaibWebb.com won the Best Blog Award from Brass Crescent 2009!
Jazakum Allahu khayran to all of you who have participated or simply made du`a’ for us. Your raised hands, coupled with sincere hearts and efforts, are more than anyone could ask. May Allah make this award for us and not against us when we meet Him. – Suhaib Webb
Thoughts from the WebbAuthors
- While some institutions measure success in titles, position, and fame, those unknown workers who make a difference on the ground are reaping the rewards with Allah, who measures sincerity and hard work and blesses it. There are those working on this site behind the scenes, whose names do not show up on the actual blog, but their efforts are indespensible and full of value, not only to the website, but also in the eyes of Allah (subhanahu wa ta`ala - exalted is He).
- This is a time to make tawba (repent) and renew our intentions as Allah tells us in Surat An-Nasr: “When comes the Help of Allah and the conquest, and you see that the people enter Allah’s religion in crowds, so glorify the Praises of your Lord, and ask for His Forgiveness. Verily, He is the One Who accepts repentance and forgives.” This is a time to ask for forgiveness and renew our commitment.
- Sometimes a recognition in this world is also a big test. There is so much riya’ that the Shaytan is trying to slip into our hearts so that the blessings and success for the effort would decrease or be stopped. So its also a time for mujahadat an-nafs (a struggle against our desires) – that we really hope our names are forgotten and Allah (swt) is the One who is remembered.
- Sometimes getting a pat on the back makes a person feel like they’re doing fine and enough. As a team, I hope it actually makes us feel the urgency to double our efforts. When you see the amanah (trust) clearly that our ummah is listening, reading, and seeking from us – and we are in this position that we really know we do not deserve when we think about our sins, we can only pray that Allah helps us to answer the call and fulfill the amanah as best as possible. We pray that Allah accepts our tawba, unites our hearts, enlightens our minds and words to that which pleases Him most, helps us to practice the enlightenment He shows us, and uses us as His slaves whom He will use to guide others through us.
- May Allah (swt) bless us with ikhlas, increased guidance and understanding, higher practice, and make our da`wah of others and ourselves to Him, in the manner He loves the most. Ameen.