Mothers – A Must See Reminder

Jazak Allah khayr to my boy Altamash for sharing this. Allah, soften our hearts. This should make us ponder, shake our hearts, and even cause us to shed a few tears.

May Allah forgive all of our mothers, make them stronger and give them happiness and ease in this life and in the next life in Jannah insha Allah.

May He help us to love them, and to be patient with them, and to be compassionate with them, to help them when they need it, when they ask for help or when they don’t, to be dutiful sons and daughters to them, and to love them unconditionally.

Get up and hug your mom right now. If you can’t, call her. If you can’t, e-mail her. If she has already passed away, make du’aa that Allah forgives her and forgives you insha Allah and unites both of you (and us) in Paradise, with all the mothers of the Ummah.

-AbdelRahman

1. altamash says:

Ameen…this really was one of the most touching videos I’ve ever seen and it’s only 6 minutes long…subhan’Allah…

may Allah bless all of our mothers and bless this brother and his mother with Jannah…

2. Amna says:

Subha’Allah. Ameen to your duas br AbdelRahman and may Allah reward you for posting this.

I can’t imagine being in that kind of situation. May Allah forgive our sinns and may we be those that enter jannah. Watching this video made me realize we can die or be in that kind of situation anytime. let’s remember to fear Allah and remember our mothers all the time.

May Allah forgive my mother and may she enter jannah. She’s actually going to hajj this year so please make dua for her that she returns safe and she reaches her destination without hardship.

Here is another link from the same brother different time. You guys probably saw this.

3. Amatullah says:

SubhanAllah. Ameen to all of the duaas.

Allah ta’ala out of His Rahmah taught us in the Qur’an duaas to make for our parents:

1- وَقُلْ رَبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا,and say: O my Rabb, Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small. (17:24)

2- رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِي أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيَّ وَعَلَىٰ وَالِدَيَّ “My Rabb! Grant me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents…(46:15)

Jazakum Allahu khayran for posting such a needed reminder.

4. student says:

“Those that do not weep, do not see.” My Allah (swt) protect our hearts from becoming hardened.

So many lessons to be gained from this short clip. JazakAllah khair.

5. Abeedah says:

Br. AbdelRahman, jazakallahu khayran for the reminder. Anyone who does not watch is surely missing out.

6. shakib says:

touched, moved and humbled. such is the power of motherhood that it harnesses another lifetimes worth of love if you happen to lose sight of yours. i hope the womb that carries us all, is remembered upon our lips in praise. may Allah (swt) grant us the power to love like a mother.

7. Olivia says:

Masha’Allah, that was very moving. May Allah grant us the tawfeeq to be good to our mothers and fathers and may Allah make though of us who are parents a righteous example for our children, so that they have hearts that remain soft.

8. Kadijatu says:

sA this was so touching. jazakAllahkhair for posting this, a much needed reminder!
    may Allah grant all our mothers Jannat al-Firdaus. Ameen.

9. Haq says:

this video left my heart sore…

10. Ali says:

I hate myself so badly right now after seeing this video. We do so much injustice to our parents, and I speak for myself first before everyone else. I know after seeing this video, regrets started to fill my mind. Memories started coming back of those times I’ve disrespected my mother.

There was actually a story about a Wali of Allah, the name of which I do not know right now. The Prophet (S) told Umar (R) some characteristics about him, like the fact that Allah (SWT) cured him of leprosy. He (S) told Umar (R) to ask him to ask Allah (SWT) to ask for his forgiveness.

This man is an interesting man because this man lived during the time of the Prophet (S). He heard about the Prophet (S). But he never ever saw the Prophet (S). He had an opportunity to see him, to learn from him, and to fight along side with him in the Battle of Badr, Battle of Uhud, Battle of Khandaq. But he chose not to. Why? All because he wanted to stay with his mother. Subhanallah. We dedicate one day for our mothers, and what do we do? We give them perfume, flowers, clothes, and if we are really nice, if we are really feeling it that day, breakfast in bed.

Every single day should be a mothers day for our Mothers. However, sadly this is not the case, and I say this for myself first before anyone else.

Let us strive inshallah, to try to do as much good to our mother, and our father as well, and let us all ask Allah (SWT) for forgiveness for all of the injustices that we do to them. Ameen.

11. Dawud Israel says:

This was heavy.

There is video like this one floating around the web, where a man tells his story how he used to smoke and how it angered his parents to the point they cursed him, and now he’s a quadrapalegic. (I can’t remember the full details of the video)

12. Amatullah says:

Ameen to all the duaas. Jazakum Allahu khayran br Ali. The man you referred too is Uwais ibn Amir al Qarnee, who gave up the status of being a companion to stay with his mother. SubhanAllah.

Full hadeeth narration is here: http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/muslim/031.smt.html#031.6171

May Allah ta’ala reward the brother in the video again and again…It’s such a blessing from Allah ta’ala to be able to move people with your words: in two languages!

13. Ali says:

Ali:
    SuhanaAllah, watching the vedio while tears dripping off the bottom of my beard and thinking about my brother who for the past three years he saw my mother 3 or four times.

Not only that whenever he goes to see her, she’s like a stranger he’s sitting with, that is if he don’t yell at her sometimes. Every time iremember that i ask allah Subhanahu Wataala to guide him and to give him hidayah.

14. veiledbeauty says:

SubhanAllah!

Aameen to the dua’s

JazakAllah khair 4 sharing, its certainly an eyeopener 4 us all!

15. Mahid says:

…subhanAllah. what can i say? just ..’AlHamdulilah’

16. lilmukramin says:

May Allah accept our dua’s and reward us jannah, ameen

17. mohammed says:

subhanallaha ,accept our dua’s and reward us for each and every thing what ever v do, ameen

18. Saima says:

salaam’a’r..subhanallah, may all my brothers and sisters duas be answered and may allah reward us jannah, alhamdullilah that this lecture has come again, it makes you think again that this life is not like the eternity life so why cant we make the most of it with the loved ones that we know but take no notice with OUR MOTHERS. subhanallah that we do have lectures like this that wakes us up. its a shame that some people only wakes up after they loose someone special.
    i agree to the brother ali when he says regrets coming into his mind but the most important is to ask for forgiveness from allah (swt) and your mother and everyone around you and not to to it again.
    ameen

19. abdul-kareem says:

assalaamu alaykum

i lost my mother 9 years ago, and i miss her alot!! this 6 minutes reminder touch my heart tonight i want family watch it with me. my mother die a kafur i wanted her to die as muslim, she die a disbeliver. i tell everyone to enjoy their mother’s while they have them. and be kind to them. and may Allah give you and your mother the highest place in paradise. jazkaALLAH for the reminder!!!

20. abdikadir says:

thanks and i have got some thing good for remembaring me thanks alot joozeeta khayraa.